- New Dimensions Soccer New Dimensions Soccer is an outreach program serving the St. Louis community. Beginning in 2005 with 4 teams playing 4 v 4 soccer, New Dimensions has grown to 120 teams the following year, and continues to reach more children in the attempt to bring “the beautiful game” into their lives.
Mine Risk Education
- Spirit of Soccer Spirit of Soccer works in Iraq, Cambodia, Laos and Moldova, using soccer to educate children about the dangers of landmines.
- Football Beyond Borders: The Balkans Project 2013 5th Annual Tour taking place 8/28 to 9/18
- Must see TEDTalk from A World of Football Film raises awareness of the impact of football to produce positive social change
- Peres Center for Peace The Peres Center for Peace works to promote peacebuilding between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly between Israelis and Palestinians, as well as between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel.
- Claudio Reyna Foundation The Claudio Reyna Foundation works to provide children the opportunity to play soccer, commit to their education and increase their social skills.
- YALLA San Diego YALLA (Youth And Leaders Living Actively) is an organization in San Diego, California Using soccer to motivate child survivors of war and immigrant youth to help rebuild their lives through education and eco-therapy programs.
- Soccer For Peace Foundation Soccer for Peace Foundation (SFP) is a Miami-based non-profit dedicated to generating awareness of and supporting projects in Colombia using soccer as a vehicle for social change.
- Craig Bellamy Foundation The Craig Bellamy Foundation (CBF) works with underprivileged youth in Sierra Leone and uses football to promote healthy life choices, education for all, peacebuilding, gender equality and sustainable development
- Play 31 Play 31 is inspired by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, in which article 31 stipulates that all children have the right to play.
- One Team United Soccer Society One Team United is a registered not-for-profit based in Vancouver, Canada that was created to develop and support grassroots soccer programs in communities impacted by war, poverty, and gender inequality.
- Balls Without Borders Balls Without Borders (BWB) is an international humanitarian organization which delivers soccer balls to children affected by armed conflict and natural or man-made disasters, and in doing so bears witness publicly to the plight of the people they serve.
- Update: Peace Pandemic heading off to India I recently posted a profile on Peace Pandemic. Here’s an update on their work: UPDATE: PEACE PANDEMIC Jeb Brovsky, founder of Peace Pandemic and currently a MLS player on the Montreal Impact, certainly knows how to keep busy in the offseason. Very shortly (this Saturday), Jeb will be leaving for New Delhi, India, where he will be ...
- Soccer For Peace In what was originally conceived as a one-time event in 2005, Soccer for Peace has grown into an ongoing peace-building effort using the sport of soccer to serve as both a metaphor and vehicle for world peace.
- Peace Pandemic Peace Pandemic uses the power of soccer/futbol as a powerful medium to connect children from all religious, socio-economic, ethnic backgrounds around the world.