- Guest Post – My thoughts: Hijab on the Pitch A guest post from Shireen Ahmed: “My Thoughts: Hijab on the Pitch”
- Holiday Charitable Giving Guide: Girls and Football SA Strength. Pride. Courage. Resilience. Spirit.
- Holiday Charitable Giving Guide: Gonzo Soccer Interested in girls empowerment? Make a holiday contribution to Gonzo Soccer
- Qiana Martin Joins Award-Winning Film Team as Ambassador of ‘The Beautiful Game’ This film is about the impact of soccer on women in South Africa
- These #GoalModels are using soccer to empower girls and change the world A few days ago I participated in the #goalmodel Twitter party featuring Brandi Chastain, In This Together Media and Andrea Montelbano (author of the Soccer Sisters ebook series I posted about yesterday).
Here’s what they and others had to say about what makes a #goalmodel:
For more on this discussion, you can follow the ongoing #goalmodel chat still going ...
- Check out the Soccer Sisters ebook series Real life “Soccer Sister” Brandi Chastain is the Official Spokesperson of the Soccer Sisters Series
- Featured Video: Why the Women’s World Cup Matters Creating Changes for girls and woman on and off the field
- Girls and Football SA: Why I Love Being a Girl… August 9th is National Women’s Day in South Africa
- Trailer: Goals for Girls A story of women with balls.
- WATCH: The Beautiful Game Promo Showing how the City Lads Ladies are using soccer to change the perception of women throughout the world
- Girls Kick It Winner of the 2012 Beyond Sport “Sport For Inclusion” Award.
- Help the Yuwa girls compete in Spain Invest in girls who are changing the world
- Peres Center for Peace The Peres Center for Peace works to promote peacebuilding between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly between Israelis and Palestinians, as well as between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel.
- WhizzKids United WhizzKids United is an interactive, youth-focused program using football to educate adolescents about life skills, gender equality, health, HIV and AIDS prevention.
- Girls and Football SA launches online shop in honor of International Day of the Girl Today in honor of the first International Day of the Girl, Girls & Football SA is launching their very own online shop.
- Why The Women’s World Cup Matters Working to bring awareness towards the benefits and challenges girls and women face on and off the field and to communicate, strategize and collaborate initiatives to bring a legacy of change.
- Seva Football Seva Football (soccer) is a non-profit Youth Serving Youth group at Edina High School. Seva aims to promote soccer among minority and underprivileged youth across the world. Seva has started leagues for women in India and Vietnam and works to support Hmong, Latino, and Black communities in the Twin Cities.
- Soccer Sisters United Soccer Sisters United provides high-level soccer training and competition, and academic support to inner-city girls in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Remarkable “It is through sport that women learn the essential life skills that correlate to success in other arenas. It is safe to say that the progression of our gender has moved side by side, if not directly because of, our accomplishments in athletics. I am one of the lucky ladies that have benefitted immensely from ...
- Girls & Football SA About:
Due to the high prevalence of HIV/AIDS, teen pregnancy and violence against girls and women, Girls & Football SA was inspired to use football as a vehicle for educating, empowering and equipping girls with a strong sense of body ownership and self-esteem.
To involve the local and global community by encouraging sport as a developmental tool ...
- Gonzo Soccer Girls Leadership Academy Gonzo Soccer is a soccer and leadership academy developed by professional soccer player and Mexican National Team member, Monica Gonzalez.
- Yuwa-India Yuwa is a Jharkhand, India-based organization; registered both as a Society in India and a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization in the U.S. Yuwa uses girls’ football to promote health, education, and improved livelihoods.
- JoLi Academy JoLi Academy is founded by two professional soccer players (Joanna Lohman and Lianne Sanderson, currently playing in Spain), in order to spread women’s soccer and make a difference in the world.