“This powerful short film features 4 players who have changed their lives through football. From Suicide, Drug Abuse, Mental Health, Homelessness and Crime, Football was the rope that pulled them out a dark hole. It was also the catalyst for #CHANGE. Follow the journey and hear from Football Legend, Sir Alex Ferguson who is the Official Ambassador of Street Soccer Scotland.”
More about Street Soccer Scotland
To use football as a trigger to energize people who are socially excluded, combined with sport related personal development and training, to empower them to change their own lives for the better.
- Drop-In Sessions: Free and open to anyone aged 16+. Provide a first step in participating in SSS programs and services.
- Football Works: An 8 week program with football sessions, personal development and work skills training.
- Street Soccer Plus for Schools: A new sports-based education program aimed at school pupils who are disengaged from mainstream curriculum.
- Street Soccer Women’s Program: Similar to the drop-in sessions but for women only.
- Team Scotland: Select, coach and mentor the players that represent Scotland at the annual Homeless World Cup.
- Goals for Life: A new pilot program offering Street Soccer participants and anyone 16+ the chance to assess services and support.
- 96% reported improved fitness;
- 82% felt participation improved their confidence and self-esteem;
- 42% participants had Street Soccer as their only access to sport;
- 100% felt the Academy had helped them progress positively in their lives;
- 82% went into employment education training
- Website: www.streetsoccerscotland.org
- Twitter: @streetsoccerSCO
- Facebook: StreetSoccerScotlandOfficial