Soccer in the Streets is holding their 5th Annual “Black Tie Soccer Game” this weekend.
Check out the details below and spread the word.
October 6, 2013
* Gates open and kids curtain raiser at 12:30pm
* Main competition starts at 2:00pm
* After party at The Park Tavern at 4:00pm
Grady High School Stadium, 929 Charles Allen Drive in Atlanta, GA (Corner of 10th and Monroe Drive)
The most amazing soccer game you’ve ever witnessed will be BIGGER THAN EVER. The match will take place in the Grady High School Stadium, right in the heart of Atlanta, and as a tongue-in-cheek protest to the typical formal banquet fundraiser, we host our banquet on the soccer pitch and attire the players in black tie and ball gowns. And this year some very sporting Atlanta celebrities, such as Bert Weiss of Q100’s The Bert Show will join the festivities!
It’s more than fun and games… generous people across the planet pledge their dollars for these unconventional players in their fancy duds (ladies and gentlemen, dresses and tuxes – not necessarily in that order!) to kick about for a serious cause: the kids of metro Atlanta who need a helping hand. All kids deserve a chance for success and Soccer In The Streets empowers kids who lack opportunity to become independent young adults by building character and self reliance through soccer and employment experience.
Complete with a professional British announcer, thrills and spills, hard-nosed tackles (in sequins), jamming music delicious food and coveted awards for the best dressed players, this is an event not to be missed!
Among the ways you can be a part of this annual celebration of soccer and social responsibility are:
- Be a Player – and show off your soccer and fundraising skills
- Be a Supporter – by pledging one or more of your favorite players
- Be a Fan – by coming out to the game and cheering on your favorite footy fashionista
- Bid early and often on a fabulous selection of Silent Auction items
- Become A Sponsor