Just shortly after Google+ released their new Communities feature a few months ago, I quickly created a community called ‘Soccer Can Save the World.’
When I created the community, I wasn’t completely sure how I would use it or whether it would even be worthwhile to put in the effort to figure out a way that the community could be helpful for those involved in sport and development.
After a few months of trying it out, I think I’m ready to publicize the community and build up the community so it can be a platform for discussing sport and development.
Some of my plans for the Google+ Community for 2013 include:
* Using the community to share relevant news of interest to soccer and development organizations.
* Using the community to allow those in the field to network and share resources.
* Using the community to host Hangouts which could include any or all of the following:
– A discussion or book club event or series of events
– Q & A with a program leader or manager from a soccer for development organization
– Q & A with consultants who could take questions and give program leaders advice on web development, social media, public relations, etc…
These are just a few off the top of my mind. If you’d like to be involved or have ideas to share, I’d love to hear them.
Again, here’s the link to the Google+ community, ‘Soccer Can Save the World.’ I look forward to meeting you on there and answering any questions you might have.