A community youth development organization in Harlem using soccer as a platform to develop L.I.O.NS (Leaders In Our Neighborhoods)™
To give underserved youth the skills and support they need to be fearless in life.
FC Harlem uses the power of soccer to:
– Connect with young people both on and off the field.
– Instill resilience, integrity, responsibility, compassion and a team mentality.
– Provide experiences that propel young people to new levels of success.
FC Harlem soccer programs serve over 500 Harlem, Bronx and Washington Heights youth ages 5 to 19:
* Soccer for Success (an after-school program through a partnership with the U.S Soccer Foundation)
* Recreational League (a league for boys and girls ages 5-14 of any skill level)
* Developmental Program (for more skilled players ages 7-12)
* FC Harlem Travel Teams (youth ages 9-16 can tryout to represent FC Harlem in competition)
* Super 20 Teams (for youth ages 17-19, these feature the best players in the program)
Besides soccer, FC Harlem provides enrichment programs through it’s Lion Share Partnership Program, which help prepare youth to become positive contributors to the community. The program concentrates on the following areas:
* Academic Achievement
* Self Esteem and Social Interaction
* Character Development
* Cultural Awareness & Community Service
* Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyles
FC Harlem Documentary:
Here’s a teaser of the upcoming documentary
* Learn about volunteer opportunities with FC Harlem.
* Make a tax-deductible donation to FC Harlem.