Charity Ball is a soccer charity that provides, new, quality soccer balls to kids in poverty-stricken communities around the world.
Ethan King was 10 years old when he started Charity Ball. During the summer of 2009, he visited Northern Mozambique with his dad, who was there helping repair water wells. While his dad worked, Ethan played soccer with the kids in the community.. In one community, Ethan decided to give his soccer ball away and quickly discovered the power of giving and generosity. After returning to the United States, he decided that he wanted to do more. He gathered with some friends and officially launched Charity Ball. Read Ethan’s bio.
To provide new, quality soccer balls to kids in poverty-stricken communities around the world.
- The power of play: Many children in developing countries are forced to deal with difficult things like disease, poor nutrition and war. Playing soccer is a great way to cope with some of these immense challenges.
- Soccer promotes good health, friendship, fair play, cooperation and can help children develop a strong identity and sense of self worth.
How does it work:
When you donate $25, a new, quality, soccer ball is purchased for a child. Affiliate organizations help identify needy communities and upon approval, help ship and hand-deliver balls.
Charity Ball’s criteria for identifying potential recipients:
- Kids who are living in impoverished conditions
- Kids who do not have their own soccer ball
- Kids who want, but can’t afford their own ball
- Kids whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are unlikely ever purchase them a soccer ball because they can’t afford it
- Kids who have never received a Charity Ball
To request a ball, download this application.
- Become a sponsor:
You can become a sponsor by making a donation, underwriting the purchase of balls, providing balls at cost or intentionally promoting Charity Ball on some level, ie: events, packaging, website, store windows, company communications etc.
When you become a sponsor Charity Ball will place your logo on their website and promotional materials. Contact them if you’d like to become an official sponsor.
- Make a donation:
You can donate here via Paypal, or you can send a check to the PO Box address on the bottom of the page. Charity Ball is registered with Vox United, a 501(C)3 organization. Tax id #20-8989756. Tax receipts are available upon request.
I Like Soccer Balls Film
A young boy starts his own non profit to change the world.
Director/Producer: Mark Baas (BaasCreative.com)
DP: Hunter Richards
Editor: Nathaniel Calnin
Sound: Stuart Poltrock
Music: Lance Gatch
Producer: Mary Powers
Color: Chad Terpstra
Executive Producer: Brad Formsma