By leveraging the sport of soccer, the Global Team seeks to empower youth to better understand and appreciate their world. Through their soccer-based model, the Global Team engages players in and out of the classroom by matching each classroom topic to the weekly soccer topic. Focusing on respect towards others and self, Global Team players are surrounded by engaging and creative learning environments which empower them to be the change they wish to see in themselves, their community and the world.
To provide universal access to primary education through the sport of soccer.
the Global Team Model: Education + Soccer
the Global Team matches educational themes to soccer, both in the classroom and on the field. Each Educational Book, Soccer Workbook and Trainer Handbook curriculum set provides bi-weekly classroom and soccer sessions lasting 10 weeks per theme, culminating in the players hosting a community day to highlight their education and creativity.
Their core focus includes:
* Nutrition: Learn the importance of taking care of their body and having good health.
* Environment: Learn to understand the foundation of the world around them and their place in history in order to understand their impact, see the potential for change and be a sustainable leader for the future.
* Math: A solid understanding of basic math is important for charting progress, understanding cycles/trends and have a basic financial awareness.
* Expression: Learning to express themselves, their thoughts and their beliefs, leads to an basic understanding and ability to read and write in order for players to think and express themselves creativity.
- Legoane, Haiti: GOALS Haiti
- Kampala, Uganda: ARISE Foundation Uganda
- Dago, Kenya: Kick it With Kenya
How to get involved:
* Become a Global Team partner and bringing primary education through soccer to a deserving community. Contact heather[at]theglobalteam[dot]org.
* Volunteer (the Global Team is currently looking for fundraising volunteers)
* Make a donation