One Team United is a registered not-for-profit based in Vancouver, Canada that was created to develop and support grassroots soccer programs in communities impacted by war, poverty, and gender inequality.
To promote global peace and social change through soccer.
* Annual Soccer Camp for Youth from War-Torn Regions:
The camp is held annually in June and July and offers a safe environment for footballers from war-torn regions (e.g. Israeli and Palestinian athletes) to come together and compete as One Team in a world-class soccer tournament. The camp teaches soccer skills, social skills, and promotes equality, inclusion, and respect.
* Soccer Equipment Program:
One Team United collects both new and gently used soccer equipment to donate to athletes and teams affected by war, with refugee camps being a primary focus.
* Feed the Athletes Program:
This program provides food for athletes in need in the Vancouver soccer community. Beneficiaries consist primarily of the homeless and new immigrants/new Canadians athletes.
* Annual Vancouver International Soccer Festival:
The festival is Canada’s largest multi-cultural soccer festival, and has been described by local and national media as “Canada’s most meaningful and inspiring soccer event.”
2012’s event (No dates set as of the time of this posting) is projected to expand and include:
- 1440 local and international soccer players to compete in multi divisions
- 200 staff and volunteers
- FREE admission event! Thousands of guests and spectators
- Tournament/Festival will take place in 2-3 city venues
- 1 week of exciting soccer competition and entertainment
How to get involved:
* Become a funding sponsor:
One Team United is currently seeking major sponsorship aligned with the messages of sports, cultural harmony, and global peace and involvement in social change through soccer. Find out more about sponsorship opportunities.
One Team United has more than 80 annual volunteer positions available! Contact the One Team Volunteer Coordinator by email: volunteer [at] visf [dot] ca
* Spread the word, enter a team:
Join us on Facebook.