“The Kensington Soccer Club works with youth and families to organize positive, healthy, and fun youth soccer activities while building self-esteem, social skills, and community.”
Where they work:
What they do:
* Organize pick-up games, leagues, clinics, tournaments, travel teams and other fun soccer activities for players of all abilities and ages from the Kensington region of Philadelphia.
* Train coaches and parents to approach the game with positive energy and joy in order to pass it on to children in the community.
* Positively impact the Kensington community through soccer programs that:
– Incorporate violence-reduction strategies
– Provide healthy foods as well as instruction on proper eating, health and exercise
– Provide information about community resources (service providers, arts & cultural organizations, anti-violence efforts) for the use of youth and their families
– Empower girls to be soccer players, as well as respected leaders in their community
– Use coaching training and internship opportunities to assist teen players in improving their employment qualifications
– Recruit, empower and train parents to take on active roles within the organization
– Encourage and support players’ academic achievements
To make a financial contribution, visit this page.