Stand Together is the Portland Timbers organization’s community service program. It depicts the relationship between the Portland Timbers and their fans and signifies the strong commitment Timbers management, staff and players have in supporting and standing by the Portland community both on and off the field.
The Portland Timbers community mission is to improve the quality of life for children and families in the greater-Portland area. The Timbers strive to reach this goal through focused giving each year, as well as dedication to strengthening the bond with fans through extensive community outreach.
Areas of Focus & Partners:
* Fitness – Active Bodies Active Minds (MLS WORKS), Portland Parks and Recreation, Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation
* Sports – Portland FC Corporate Cup benefiting Portland Youth Builders, Adopt-A-Club
* Mentorship – Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest “Sports Buddies” program for at-risk kids.
* Global – International Day of Peace Game benefitting Mercy Corps, Grassroot Soccer Lose the Shoes Tournament
* Portland Timbers Community Fund – An advised fund of the Oregon Community Foundation that supports non-profit organizations located in the Portland metro area. Focus areas include: Youth education, Youth sports, Youth health and fitness and Environmental awareness and activism with youth and families. In 2011, the Portland Timbers donated $100,000 through this community fund.
* Portland Timbers Field Grants- The Portland Timbers, in partnership with the City of Portland and Portland Parks and Recreation, will donate $50,000 a year, over the next four years, to field projects and refurbishments in the greater-Portland area. 2011 Portland Timbers Field Grant recipients included: Concordia University, James John Elementary School and Chapman School.
* Pillar Partners – The Portland Timbers have adopted the following non-profit partners for the 2011-2013 seasons: Big Brother Big Sister Columbia Northwest, Friends of Trees and Portland Youth Builders.
The Portland Timbers players, staff and management made a positive impact on the Portland community in 2011 by contributing $350,000 in funds and resources. Read the 2011 Annual Report.
* Website: www.portlandtimbers.com/standtogether