Passing Hope uses the following methods to make an impact:
– Youth sport clinics
– Adaptive sports
– Providing sports equipment and supplies
– Fundraisers, including auctions and golf tournaments
– Providing needed medical supplies (Crutches, prostethics, etc)
“Passing Hope uses the influence of the beautiful game to educate, motivate, and provide hope to socio-economic and/or physically challenged.”
– Instrumental in the creation and selection of the 1st ever Haitian National Amputee Soccer Team.
– Provided Christmas Gifts, Sports Equipment, Clothing and Medical Supplies to Orphanages, Schools, and the team members of the Haiti Amputee Soccer Team.
– Orchestrated an unofficial match between Team Zaryen (a local amputee soccer team in Port-au-Prince) and the Haitian Amputee Soccer Team, which was covered by global media.
– Assisted in creating a showcase event in the National Stadium, in which the Haitian National Amputee Soccer Team, played Team Zaryen in front of a crowd of almost 10,000 spectators. This was the first time that the Haitian government showcased any form of adaptive sport, including a nationwide television broadcast.
– Organizing, creating and implementing youth soccer clinics that will include educational components, including life lessons.
– Building amputee soccer programs, training coaches, and skills training for disabled athletes.
– Creating a therapeutic recreational program and facility, which would include soccer fields and other facilities for sports and disabled education and art training.
* United States
– Promoting the positive benefits of amputee soccer throughout the United States.
– Holding soccer clinics, as well as coaching and ref training for inner-city youth.
– Partnering with MLS Clubs to create youth soccer initiatives in their local markets.
Passing Hope announced a new partnership with the Eddie Pope Foundation. Read more about this exciting development for Passing Hope.