MLS W.O.R.K.S. seeks to establish Major League Soccer as a worldwide model for using soccer and sport to improving the lives of people around the world.
* Unite. Volunteer. Serve – A collaborative effort to combine sport and community service as well as promote grassroots volunteerism within MLS markets to improve lives and communities.
* Active Bodies Active Minds - A soccer-based initiative providing resources for parents to motivate and reward children for keeping mentally and physically fit (eating healthy, keeping physically active and reading)
* Soccer Kicks Cancer – An MLS initiative focused on providing awareness as well as strength and hope in the fight against cancers affecting men, women and children.
* Greener Goals – Support the environment in partnership with MLS clubs and educating the soccer community about the importance of environmental sustainability.
* Footprint Fields - A partnership with Adidas and FieldTurf to support the growth of soccer in the Uniteds States through the development of durable and safe spaces to play soccer. The Footprint Fields program creates soccer fields and mini-pitches in underprivileged neighborhoods where recreation options are limited.
MLS Humanitarian of the Year, 2011:
The New England Revolution’s Zak Boggs won this year’s award for his work in cancer research. Read more here.
How to get involved:
If you’re in a city with an MLS team, see your team’s website to learn more about their specific initiatives as well as how to contribute.
Request a donation:
MLS W.O.R.K.S. supports local, national and international charities and community organizations. Donation requests must meet specific criteria. Learn more here.